Monday, January 19, 2015

Homemade Yeast Rolls

I love bread.  I had to fast it for four months while I was getting over an allergy and I think I missed bread more than chocolate.  Is there anything like fresh, warm bread out of the oven slathered with butter?  Mmmm.

Here is a recipe that has been in my family for years, I hope you enjoy it.

Thanksgiving Dinner Rolls by advencap, on Flickr
Creative Commons Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 Generic License   by  advencap 

Aunt Donna's Yeast Rolls
2 cups warm water
2 packages dry yeast
Mix the above and then stir in:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup soft shortening or oil (I use butter)
1 egg
Add:
6 and 1/2 cups of flour and stir until easy to handle.
Lightly knead on a floured surface.  Put dough into a greased bowl and let rise
for one hour.  Punch down dough, shape into rolls and place in a greased pan.
Bake at 375 for 15 - 20 minutes, or till golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment