Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Never Fail Granola Bars


I was searching for a tried and true granola bar recipe that would not be too crumbly, too sweet or too expensive.  I came across Kimberly's recipe at Raising Olives and it has been a winner in our home.  It is versatile (add any combo of nuts, dried fruit, chocolate chips... the flavors are limitless), affordable,  and healthy.  I am allergic to eggs so I just substitute 1/4 cup applesauce for the egg called for in the recipe.  The ingredients called for are items I almost always have on hand and this gem of a recipe mixes up in one bowl so cleanup is a breeze.  Click the link above and enjoy making a healthy, frugal snack for your family.

* What is your favorite type of granola bar?

I don't know if they can be classified as a granola bar but Larabars are one of my most favorite snacks.  They are a definite splurge because of the price but with decadent flavors such as apple pie, chocolate chip brownie, chocolate coconut chew, and pineapple upside down cake how can one walk by the brightly wrapped packages without picking one up.  I am now making my own Larabars thanks to Chocolate Covered Katie.  You can check out her recipes for Larabars by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment